Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Update

It has been a while since I have put pen to paper in a literal and figurative sense. I had recently found my journals that I commenced when travelling back in 2003 and then more recently when in 2015 I commenced the life of a locum midwife and nurse. There are so many things that have changed in my life since that time. I have now relocated, and have a wonderful place in Cairns. I still work as a nurse but midwifery is no longer part of my work life focus. I have had the privilege of spending most of the past five years working on Cape York in the smaller communities and Primary Health Care Centres. They provide me with a diverse and satisfying work life.


Shining Flycatcher

Another change is the addition of birding to my everyday consciousness and overall happiness. What once started as a general interest as part of my photography has now become an obsession, keeping lists for each year and each location. Birding has provided me with a focus and entertainment as I travel to remote locations and spend so much time alone. They become another reason to explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment